The Family Programme
Specialist Domestic Abuse Family Intervention Worker – 20 hours per week – £13,769 (Full Time Salary £25,473)
To work within an integrated team providing specialist support and interventions for families experiencing domestic abuse who wish to remain together.
Adopting a whole family approach, the role will specialise in working with children and young people (11+) who present with mental health and emotional wellbeing needs and will co-deliver relevant programmes and interventions to enable the family to live together safely or be supported to separate amicably.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
Experience of working therapeutically with children & young people presenting with complex needs including mental & emotional wellbeing.
- Experience of using motivational interview techniques and/or CBT in working with individuals to empower change.
- Evidence of engaging with individuals resistant to support.
- Experience of developing and running group programmes.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to deal with a high volume of work efficiently and effectively
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in a pressurised environment
- Must have excellent, verbal and written communications skills including having first class report writing skills
- An understanding of the complexities and dynamics associated with domestic abuse and impact within families.
- Commitment to positive change and empowerment of victims of domestic abuse.
- Have a clean driving license and access to own transport.
For further information please contact (01685) 353999. Applications only, no CVs accepted.
Closing date: 21st August 2019. Interviews: 28th August 2019.